Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Interminable Game Shows

On Sunday night, I watched about two and a half episodes of "Are You Smarter Than a Canadian 5th Grader?"

[No, don't ask.]



The thing that drives me up the wall with the newer game shows ("Who Wants To Be a Millionaire?", "Deal or No Deal", etc.) is the sheer amount of time the host and the contestant spend blathering. If it takes you more than a minute to answer a question, I've already written off your show and switched channels.

[Again, don't ask.]

Not that I'm a huge fan of game shows anyway. I think I'll always have a soft spot for Jeopardy, but that's about it.

And coming back to "Are You Smarter Than a Canadian 5th Grader?" When the hell did "Biology" get renamed to "Life Systems"?

1 comment:

Raven said...

Yeah, the slow reveal is brutal.

The new American Gladiators was the same way - I liked the show, but it would have been unwatchable without the ability to skip through the yakking.